The year 2018 may be over but its impact will be felt for years to come. In just 365 days, CodeMonkey grew a lot with the help of you – our loyal users. You helped shape our newest features – from expressing pre-readers’ need for narration to middle-schoolers’ call for extra practice in variables and boolean operators. We owe this year to you! We thank you and could not have done it without you.
You helped us achieve big things. So let’s review this past year together…
CodeMonkey’s Year in Review:
- After much hard work developing Coding Adventure over the years, we were honored to receive SIIA CODiE’s Best Coding & Computational Solution Award
- Between high demand for more fun challenges with our beloved monkey and students’ struggle with variables and boolean operators (if, and, not), we released 20 new challenges in Coding Adventure. In these challenges, we also introduced new characters – the fun penguins!
- The ability to hear your code out-loud became possible for the first time in 2018 with the Narration Feature.
- 2018 officially became the year where CodeMonkey teaches more than one type of programming language! You can now learn Python with CodeMonkey’s game-based platform called Coding Chatbots – where users program their own chatbot.
- Named Among the Best in Family-Friendly Products by The Mom’s Choice Awards. What was the decision based on? The Mom’s Choice Awards looked at quality, design, educational value, entertainment value, originality, appeal, and cost in order to determine the winning products.
- Last, but not least, CodeMonkey officially became part of TAL Education in the first EdTech acquisition of its kind. What does this mean? More of CodeMonkey for years to come!
Thank you to our partners around the world, TAL, the CodeMonkey team and our customers for an amazing year and an awesome start to 2019!