Programming is based on algorithms, which in turn requires a flexible and analytical mind. Teaching children the basics of programming code allows them to develop the speed of thought and the ability to find correct and quick solutions. Someone are born with talent in this matter, while others comprehend each topic with hard work. But, in none of the options is easy training provided. And sometimes, there are problems with the code, and the child has no one to tell, or the parents do not have enough time for this. In such cases, you can always turn to professional services for ayuda con la tarea de codificación and get a high rating as a result.
Why should a child learn to program?
In 2021, most of the products we use have software code in place. Each of our actions on the Internet takes place at the expense of previously written code by someone. And over time, the number of web pages only grows because the digital industry is developing. That is, by the time a child finishes school, his or her programming skills will still be relevant, and most importantly, in demand. By teaching your kid computer basics and how to code, you not only foster their creativity in multitasking, but you are also paving the way for them in their careers. Even if, after graduating from school, the child chooses another specialty, the skills and the knowledge of conceptos de codificación acquired during training will be helpful to him in any of the areas that are relevant in the future.
There are eight reasons why programming is helpful for a child.
- Math. While programming, children learn to visualize abstractions in the form of concepts. When they apply mathematics in the real world, they find it exciting and creative.
- Constructivity. To write excellent and competent code, you need to follow specific rules and be able to compose your thoughts technically. In this matter, brevity in solving the problem is essential, and very often, having such an experience, then children begin to better express their thoughts. They discard the unnecessary and leave only the central part of the idea, both in the code and in the essay.
- Imagination. When children learn, they are forced to experiment, that is, to find different ways to solve the problem. Thus, they develop their creativity and the ability to look at things in general outside the box. And in the future of our world, there will be no professions where creativity will not be involved.
- Self-esteem. It has been observed that after a certain period of study, the children have increased confidence in themselves and their actions. Indeed, while coding, they find many solutions and begin to feel the strength in themselves.
- Concentration. It is impossible to write the code while being involved in another activity; an extra sign and an error will be shown on the screen. Therefore, children become more focused and persistent in the best sense.
- A wide range of possibilities. Programming provides the younger generation with the driving force to change our world for the better. They can create programs that spread a positive message worldwide or simply vote for dessert in the cafeteria.
- Awareness. By studying programming, a child receives at least basic technical skills, which are indispensable in the digital world of the future.
- Future career. Many employers welcome and sometimes require basic knowledge of the code. For a child who has been studying the IT field from an early age, his or her skills will be a significant advantage in a future career.
Mastering the code may seem daunting for a child, but modern academic programs focus on simplicity and a visual dimension of education. Today there are a lot of resources for training and assistance for those who are mastering new areas. Regardless of age and geolocation, everyone can learn programming from the comfort of their home.
How and where can a child learn to code?
There are many ways to help your child start coding. It is vital to consider their nature, that is, how and where, it is more comfortable for them to perceive information. A child, like an adult, has several ways of perception, and you need to choose the one that suits your child best. And with this approach, you are already looking for training so that you will ensure a guaranteed result.
Programming courses can be online and offline or even in a game format. In this respect, there is no crisis in the choice. Let’s look at some training examples.
- Block coding. Block coding uses blocks of text to create animated stories or programs. It uses a visual form of code that is easy for children to perceive. For example, there are several courses from the University of Massachusetts explicitly designed to give children a foundation in programming. There they learn the basics and technical thinking.
- Free training from Code.org.This organization organizes activities for children aimed at learning programming. There they can learn the foundation that will be a great start. In addition, these events have inspired some companies to create free guides for an introductory course in learning programming languages.
- Educational institutions. Some schools have computer science programs for young children.
- Games-based platforms. Programs are often presented based on favorite children’s games like Minecraft on such platforms. In the process of learning, children create a code for a product, the functionality of which they already know well. Even the learning stages in them are divided into levels, similar to the game technology. In addition, they teach not only the basics. At the end of the whole training cycle, the child will be excellent technically and practically knowledgeable in IT.
You can choose any teaching method that suits you. But, despite all the advantages of learning programming for a child, parents should not forget about their child’s dreams. If your child wants to do ballet by starting up, find a compromise and create an opportunity for him to combine both activities.
How can I help my child with homework?
When children home from school with an essay assignment, any older family member will be able to help him with it. What about the programming assignment? If you work in IT, then your child is fortunate. But, if not, does he or she need help with work? Solving this problem is much easier than finding good courses; you just need to leave a request on a professional service website. And in the end, you will get an excellent solution to your homework problem, and you still have time for family matters.